- Initiative of the KP Government
- Developed under the Act (2011) as an autonomous body
- To Develop KP into an IT Hub
- To attract Foreign Investment
- To develop Job Generation
- Develop Tech-Savvy Human Resource
- To support the local IT Industry
- To establish IT Parks in KP
- Established 02 IT Parks in KP, Peshawar and Abbottabad
- To bring the IT Companies under 1 Roof
- Support the IT Industry through various subsidies and technical support
- To bridge the gap between the IT Companies, Academia and the World
- Capacity building of the IT Companies providing platform for linkages with other Local/National/International Companies and Organizations for business purposes
- 72 IT Companies at 2 IT Parks and the number is growing
- 80% subsidy on Rent, and Power
- 100% subsidy on Internet
- Internship opportunities at the 72 IT companies
- 316 in first half of 2016
- Total of 1400 internees sponsored
- Over 70% retention rate
Youth Employment Program
- The project is to empower and gainfully employ youth in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Specifically, the project will benefit un/under employed youth in the province by providing a range of basic, medium and high level skills development in IT and linking them with global opportunities via freelancing
- Technical assistance by the World Bank
- Implementation by IM Sciences
Impact of Youth Employment Program
- 2100 trainees trained at 7 districts
- Another 10,000 youth are to be trained
- $4100 amount earned in last two months
Incubation & Fellowship
- To mentor, groom and enable local entrepreneurs in setting up Information Technology firms in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- To financially support the IT graduates and students to start their own IT business.
- To enhance the entrepreneurial, managerial, corporate and communications skills of the youth of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Fellows in two batches sponsored:
- 1st Batch = 12
- 2nd Batch = 20
- To develop a competent human resource pool as per standards of the national and international ICT industry.
- To create a competitive human resource pool by offering them technical training in the recognized, prevalent programs such as Oracle, SAP, Microsoft certification, Cisco certification, Intel, etc
- To enhance the technical, managerial, corporate and communications skills of the individuals to gain and retain employment in the ICT industry.
- Candidates completed certifications so for = 29