- 28 Jul, 2017
The Digital Youth Summit (DYS) is a tech conference and startup expo that takes place annually in Peshawar, Pakistan. Since its inception in 2014, DYS has quickly become one of the premier tech conferences in Pakistan—differentiated by its focus on youth empowerment; its ability to attract high-profile domestic and international attendees and speakers and its unique venue: Peshawar, which is one of the oldest living cities in the world.
The summit aims to bring together “the next generation of digital innovators in Pakistan” and typically attracts three key audiences: tech industry leaders from Pakistan and abroad, the nascent startup community; and young people looking to network, learn and be inspired. The summit therefore draws participants from the private sector, investors, government, civil society, youth groups and academia. DYS 2017 is organized around three key issue areas: Digital Employment, Tech Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
DYS is a joint initiative of the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the World Bank along with key local community and academic partners.
- 28 Jul, 2017
One of the problems we face is that in Pakistan and in KP, we do not have correct and representative statistics of the number of freelancers, their revenue, the type of services they provide - to get a representative estimate of the freelancing industry and to award the 2100 Freelancers trained in our program (the Youth Employment Program), the KPITB announced the KP Freelancers Award. As a result of the application process very meaningful statistics have been collected for the very first time. The KP Freelancers Award was organized in May 2017.
- 27 Jul, 2017
The ArtTech Festival is a two-day festival in Peshawar, Pakistan exploring the intersection between art, culture and technology. Our vision is to encourage cross-disciplinary creativity and nurture entrepreneurship. The ArtTech Summit is a ‘sister’ festival to the Digital Youth Summit-Pakistan’s largest tech conference and is organized by the World Bank, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa IT Board and Peshawar 2.0
The festivities will weave together three complementary themes: Innovation, Storytelling and Design For Good. Click here to learn more about the three themes.
What you can expect:
- Spectacular installations mixing art with technology.
- World-renowned international and Pakistan-based speakers.
- Interactive workshops on topics such as design thinking, augmented reality using technology and smart e-conservation
- Design expo to display local tech, art and culture products.
- Cultural performances, local food and much more!
- The festival will be held in the historic Peshawar Museum: a living legacy of multi-cultural and faith influences on architecture, art and culture in the KP region.
- Art and technology are free for everyone but book your spot here to let us know you are coming! Spaces in the workshops are limited.