- 20 Apr, 2018
- Digital Access
- The demand for high-speed Internet connectivity across the entire spectrum of consumers continues unabated, growing at 80-100 percent per year in terms of traffic volume. Wi-Fi has become an integral part of the cellular network’s technology eco system as well as an indispensable part of our daily lives. In order to completely implement the concept of open internet access, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Technology Board has initiated the KP Open WiFi Program.
- Providing seamless, high-speed, open Wi-Fi Internet access to consumers (students in particular) all over Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is one of the primary objectives of the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. KP IT Board is set to implement this program across universities and colleges selected by the Higher Education Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- 17 Aug, 2017
- Digital Access, Digital Governance
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Technology Board - KPITB in collaboration with the KP Health Department signed an agreement with COMSATS Internet Services for establishing and operating a Telemedicine Center in Behali, District Manshera. The facility will be extended across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The ceremony was chaired by the Senior Minister for Health and Information Technology, Mr. Shahram Khan.
- 28 Jul, 2017
- Digital Access
The Digital Youth Summit (DYS) is a tech conference and startup expo that takes place annually in Peshawar, Pakistan. Since its inception in 2014, DYS has quickly become one of the premier tech conferences in Pakistan—differentiated by its focus on youth empowerment; its ability to attract high-profile domestic and international attendees and speakers and its unique venue: Peshawar, which is one of the oldest living cities in the world.
The summit aims to bring together “the next generation of digital innovators in Pakistan” and typically attracts three key audiences: tech industry leaders from Pakistan and abroad, the nascent startup community; and young people looking to network, learn and be inspired. The summit therefore draws participants from the private sector, investors, government, civil society, youth groups and academia. DYS 2017 is organized around three key issue areas: Digital Employment, Tech Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
DYS is a joint initiative of the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the World Bank along with key local community and academic partners.
- 27 Jul, 2017
- Digital Access, Digital Governance, Digital Skills, Digital Economy
KPITB has launched its Durshal (a pushto word for doorstep/gateway) centers all across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Durshal centers are envisioned to link communities with the growing opportunities in technological developments. In addition, Durshal centers aim to advance entrepreneurship with a view to promote inclusion, particularly of women and other disadvantaged groups. So far KP IT Board has established Durshals in Mardan, Swabi, Swat and Peshawar while the process has been initiated for remaining 3 locations.Durshal Government Innovation Lab is a platform for launching the KP Civic Innovation Fellowship Program and aims to bring about the much needed technological revolution in the province. Durhsal provides a vital link between the local governments, tech industry, IT entrepreneurs and investors to anchor KP’s digital transformation.
- 27 Jul, 2017
- Digital Access
The ArtTech Festival is a two-day festival in Peshawar, Pakistan exploring the intersection between art, culture and technology. Our vision is to encourage cross-disciplinary creativity and nurture entrepreneurship. The ArtTech Summit is a ‘sister’ festival to the Digital Youth Summit-Pakistan’s largest tech conference and is organized by the World Bank, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa IT Board and Peshawar 2.0
The festivities will weave together three complementary themes: Innovation, Storytelling and Design For Good. Click here to learn more about the three themes.
What you can expect:
- Spectacular installations mixing art with technology.
- World-renowned international and Pakistan-based speakers.
- Interactive workshops on topics such as design thinking, augmented reality using technology and smart e-conservation
- Design expo to display local tech, art and culture products.
- Cultural performances, local food and much more!
- The festival will be held in the historic Peshawar Museum: a living legacy of multi-cultural and faith influences on architecture, art and culture in the KP region.
- Art and technology are free for everyone but book your spot here to let us know you are coming! Spaces in the workshops are limited.