- 28 Jul, 2017
The Digital Youth Summit (DYS) is a tech conference and startup expo that takes place annually in Peshawar, Pakistan. Since its inception in 2014, DYS has quickly become one of the premier tech conferences in Pakistan—differentiated by its focus on youth empowerment; its ability to attract high-profile domestic and international attendees and speakers and its unique venue: Peshawar, which is one of the oldest living cities in the world.
The summit aims to bring together “the next generation of digital innovators in Pakistan” and typically attracts three key audiences: tech industry leaders from Pakistan and abroad, the nascent startup community; and young people looking to network, learn and be inspired. The summit therefore draws participants from the private sector, investors, government, civil society, youth groups and academia. DYS 2017 is organized around three key issue areas: Digital Employment, Tech Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
DYS is a joint initiative of the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the World Bank along with key local community and academic partners.
- 28 Jul, 2017
Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa Information Technology Board (KPITB) has announced Pakistan’s first ever digital freelancers’ awards 2016-2017.
People all around the world despite of their age group are sitting at home and earning great fortunes through online freelancing. Professionals from various fields are working as independent contractors for millions of clients online. It’s an ever growing market and this field is growing more and more prominent these days. For this purpose, KPITB has launched Digital Freelancers’ Awards 2016-2017 in the province Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa for the promotion of this field.
Earlier, the KPITB launched the Youth Employment Program, which they claimed was the first ever Government funded program for freelance training. This program now runs in seven different districts in Khyber PakhtoonKhwa and it has trained over one thousand freelancers, nearing the original target of 2,100 gradually. After successful training, those trained freelancers started working in different sectors in KPK and contributed through their skills for the development of the country.
The KPITB has announced to award the freelancers working on different platforms in different districts. Freelancers from other provinces will be awarded as well. The awards will be awarded in a ceremony held in Peshawar.
The KPITB Digital Freelancers’ Awards will award in the following categories:
- Top three digital freelancers from KPK
- Top three digital freelancers from across Pakistan
- Special awards for female digital freelancers
- Top three female digital freelancers from KPK
- Top three female digital freelancers from across Pakistan
- YEP (Emerging freelancers who attended the KPITB’s Youth Employment Program sessions)
- Youngest freelancer
- Three freelancers to be selected randomly by the Chief Guest
- 27 Jul, 2017
The ArtTech Festival is a two-day festival in Peshawar, Pakistan exploring the intersection between art, culture and technology. Our vision is to encourage cross-disciplinary creativity and nurture entrepreneurship. The ArtTech Summit is a ‘sister’ festival to the Digital Youth Summit-Pakistan’s largest tech conference and is organized by the World Bank, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa IT Board and Peshawar 2.0
The festivities will weave together three complementary themes: Innovation, Storytelling and Design For Good. Click here to learn more about the three themes.
What you can expect:
- Spectacular installations mixing art with technology.
- World-renowned international and Pakistan-based speakers.
- Interactive workshops on topics such as design thinking, augmented reality using technology and smart e-conservation
- Design expo to display local tech, art and culture products.
- Cultural performances, local food and much more!
- The festival will be held in the historic Peshawar Museum: a living legacy of multi-cultural and faith influences on architecture, art and culture in the KP region.
- Art and technology are free for everyone but book your spot here to let us know you are coming! Spaces in the workshops are limited.